We’ve all been there; you’re having people around in a few hours, the house is a tip… and you have no snacks in at all! Or, even worse, you’re not having people around, the baby has just stopped crying after an epic 2 hour meltdown and you’ve already eat all of the emergency biscuits to have with your pick me up coffee! You need a recipe that’s easy to execute, and fast. Have no fear, one bowl peanut butter cookies are here for you! No Mixers involved; just bang it all into a bowl, stir it together, and fling it in the oven. I can’t remember my source for this recipe, so I can only apologise. This is one of those that I had written down years ago in my notebook and paraphrased in shorthand. If you do recognise the recipe please let me know so I can give full credit!!
Emergency Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
1 egg (I used large but what ever is in the fridge will do)
10 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter (doesn’t have to be fancy, I used Sainsbury basics)
10 Tbsp golden caster sugar
5 Tbsp plain flour
0.5 tap bicarb of soda
- Pick a window of time where the baby is sleeping. Half an hour will do it. If your baby doesn’t enjoy napping in the day, plonk them in a rocker chair watching you from the hallway and complete the rest of the steps whilst belting out “IF YOU’RE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS”.
- Preheat your oven to GM6 (or your electical equivalent).
- Grease or line 2 baking trays (depending on how likely your gooda are to stick to the bottom. Fancy pans that still have their non-stick should be okay with just a spritz of buttery fry light).
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and combine together with a spoon until fully mixed.
- Spoon out balls of 1 Tbsp size onto the baking sheet. Keep them some distance apart; these bad boys spread!
- Flatten balls with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for roughly 10 mins until golden brown. Whilst waiting patiently, eat dough remnants from bowl and remember how much you missed doing that whilst you were pregnant.
- Remove cookies from the oven and cool on tray until firm. Transfer onto cooling rack.
- OM NOM NOM. For maximum “mum-factor”, serve in an empty tub of last Christmas’ Celebrations.
MamaMakesDo.com was founded in 2016 by Charlotte Cook, a Mother and qualified Mechanical Engineer with a passion for money saving and cooking. When not running her blog, Charlotte can be found engaging in photography, baking something tasty in the kitchen and learning a new crafty hobby (current challenge: learning to knit). She is also an avid gamer, spending her (fleeting) free time catching up with the latest releases and building up her retro collection.
Charlotte also runs www.gamermum.com, a site focused on video games run by parents, for parents.